We are looking for an experienced Architectural Technician to join us in our Wanaka studio.
We are a small design based NZIA practice with passion and focus on site-specific, energy efficient, contemporary residential projects mainly in the Queenstown Lakes District and Central Otago, but also further afield in NZ. We work with both NZ and overseas clients who want to achieve the ultimate kiwi lifestyle. We take a client-centric approach with personalised service and open communication, all within a creative and collaborative environment. Current projects include residential and commercial projects in Wanaka, Queenstown Central Otago and Wellington. We love living amongst the lakes and mountains and are avid skiers and mountain bikers. Our studio has great views to the mountains and we are located within walking distance to the lake and the town centre.
Your role will be to produce clear thorough and concise contract & tender documentation. You will liaise directly with clients, sub-consultants, councils, suppliers and contractors.
We will consider an outgoing person with the following skills & attributes;
- Confident, well-organised, professional manner, with good communication skills.
- Friendly, honest and with good interpersonal skills and with a good sense of humour.
- Imaginative, enthusiastic and motivated, with a can do attitude.
- The ability to problem solve and apply logical thinking.
- A high level of interest and understanding of how materials and components are put together, melding beautiful design with ‘build-ability’.
- Good knowledge of environmentally sensitive construction, sustainability and energy efficient design.
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of building systems and construction techniques and methodologies.
- Thorough understanding of the NZ Building Code, NZ standards and regulatory processes.
- Excellent graphic presentation skills, both hand-drawn and computer generated.
- A proficient operator of ArchiCad as both a BIM modeling tool and 3D presentation tool.
- The ability to work collaboratively as a team player but also to work independently showing initiative and good time management to steer a project from concept stage through to physical delivery.
This is a full time salaried position so permanent NZ residency is essential. There is some scope for flexibility in working hours enabling you to be inspired, able to enjoy your work and achieve a good work / life balance.
You will work with assistance and support from both a registered architect and the practice director. Ongoing professional development is encouraged and fostered. We pay professional memberships and offer support with continuing professional development or assistance toward NZRAB registration.
Good remuneration appropriate to experience, skills and development.
Please email your CV and 4 or 5 examples of your work by 9th January 2017 to;
The Practice Manager